Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Technical Writing. Or not.

So, yesterday I sent a material certification to a customer. Basically, a cert tells them that you did what they wanted to the material. Around 4pm yesterday, the customer called with a group of their stuffed shirts on conference call. They were concerned about a portion of the cert that said:
"etc..."
That's right. They were worried about the letters "etc". They wanted to know what etc stood for or what it's metallurgical meaning was.
I couldn't wait. I interupted "et cetera". The phone call went silent.
It was then that they realized that not everything is all that complicated in life.

5 comments:

Cacturne said...

I dont think im getting the thrust of this post but it sounds interesting.

TWaits said...

Maybe you could work there too.

Anonymous said...

I would have liked to eavesdrop on that conversation, but the sarcasm may have been overwhelming!!
I can just about imagine what you'd say!

Danielle said...

You're a professional guy and stuff, wierd..

TWaits said...

and starting next week I'll be dressing the part too. Wierder.