Sunday, November 4, 2007

Treehouse update


Ok, it's not finished, but it's far enough along to show and tell. The treeHOUSE is appx 7'x9', and has 6'-3" ceilings. The 4 roof trusses used are 12' from tip to tip and will have green ribbed steel roofing applied once I figure out how to get it up there (which will match the house). I found 3 miniature windows that were display models at Fleet Farm in Hudson, and have two 14" barn 4 light windows. The siding will be stained red to match the house. The support system is bolted with slots to allow the trees to move where they need to in the wind without destroying the treehouse. There is a trapdoor in the floor to get inside. I plan on insulating and weather-proofing so that we can use it year round. The thoughts of electricity and lighting have also been bounced around. Why not.

6 comments:

A said...

OOOOOhhhhh Dear. Someone has too much time on their hands . . . is that what y'all do up in your neck of the woods for fun?

I spose, the boys will enjoy it for years to come . . .

:)

TWaits said...

ya, i sit around doing nothing all day and night, so I says to myself, "self, I gotta build me a treehouse with all this extra time".
They'd better enjoy it.

S.B.G. said...

now we'll have two barns :-)

angely said...

I am jealous!!!That is a cool treehouse. Better not let my boy see it or I'll never hear the end of the pleading. Beggin me to build one....haha...as if!!! Seriously though....That is a wicked cool treehouse and its not even done yet. Good job.

angely said...

NEVER too little time to build a treehouse A...don't you know anything...hahahaha

TWaits said...

after completion whenever that may be, the boy should come out to explore the tree house.