Sunday, April 29, 2007

Brian's summertime iced latte

I have experimented for a long time with espresso drinks. I don't always drink espresso concoctions, nor do I know what the hell a mochafrappucino is. Nor do I care if it's grande size (pronounced grand-day, which you will be corrected by the snooty Starbuck's dork that it's not a medium, who will also let you know many other things that you don't know about coffee, but I digress because it irritates me).
I do know how to make good iced latte's and cappacinos.

My summertime iced latte:
(try anything, anytime, in any amount if you like)

Dump the following into a 1½ - 2 quart heat resistant pitcher in this order

4 to 6 measures of very hot espresso (get to know how much a measure is)
1 - 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
2 cups of hot steamed skim milk
Fill pitcher to the top with ice. Stir. Enjoy over more ice.

For those of you who have read the nutitional label on a can of sweetened condensed milk, you realize why eating the stuff could clog your arteries, make you fat, and give you a stroke from just one serving. Therefore, I have created the "light" version, which I think is just as wonderful:

4 to 6 measures of very hot espresso
5 cups of hot steamed skim milk
Sweeten to taste with clover honey, or you could even try maple syrup (I know where to get some)
Fill pitcher to the top with ice. Stir. Enjoy over more ice.

I know it's not complicated, or very top secret to those of you who know how to make coffee drinks, so what's your point?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I value this information twaits, I promise I'm not being snotty over here as I read it. You must have an espresso machine, lucky...